What Makes One Wilshire Unique?
One Wilshire is a 30-story, 656,000 square-foot building at Grand Avenue and Wilshire Boulevard in Downtown Los Angeles. The building is recognized as the premier telecommunications hub of the Western United States and is noted within the international telecommunications industry as the most important point of connectivity between the United States and the Pacific Rim. This is due in large part to its location at the epicenter of the vast in-ground fiber optic network connecting Southern California to the entire United States and the termination point for multiple undersea fiber optic cables to Asia.
This irreplaceable connectivity infrastructure led to the proliferation over the past 3 decades into one of the world’s densest arrays of networks and interconnections. Being situated in the heart of Los Angeles, One Wilshire is ideally suited to serve the region’s myriad of entertainment, media, gaming and high-tech firms, along with traditional areas such as healthcare, finance, and higher education.
A variety of features place One Wilshire among the most attractive carrier hotels in the world:
- Multiple points of fiber entry
- Termination point for multiple subsea, trans-Pacific fiber cables
- Unrivaled carrier access
- The densest access to dark and lit fiber in all of the Southwestern U.S.
- High-grade, stable utility power from the L.A. Department of Water and Power
- 5 separate utility power risers
- 11 on-site diesel-powered generators
- Fuel storage for 24 hours of continuous operation with priority re-fueling status
- Exceptional line of sight and multi-tower array for antenna deployment and fiber access to the roof
- 24/7/365 manned security, card-controlled access
One Wilshire houses a virtually unmatched number of telecommunications carriers including Verizon, AT&T, Level 3, Sprint, XO Communications, and Cogent, and international carriers including China Telecom, China Unicom, and Tata Communications (for a complete list of providers contact One Wilshire). One Wilshire has evolved from an iconic office building into a robust, world class telecommunications facility serving the critical space needs of its clientele.